Event and Marketing Manager (April 26, 2018)
REPORTS TO: Marketing and Development Director
OBJECTIVE: Plan and manage meetings, conventions, and other events. Provide support to the Marketing and Development Director with various projects.
- Work with Marketing and Finance Directors to create budgets for events and meetings
- Conduct research and site visits to plan successful events while staying within budget
- Create and disseminate RFP’s to all possible venues
- Schedule, organize, and visit potential venues to plan layout of meeting floor plans, contract and considerations
- Assemble detailed folders of cost spreadsheets, surveys and other information to help determine the best venue
- Negotiate all contracts with hotels and vendors to stay within budget requirements and develop quality events.
- Formulate budgets, oversee spending and reconcile invoices for each meeting
- Manage and create event registration website for attendees, staff and exhibitors
- Plan 15+ events per year consisting of national board and leadership meetings and conferences. Budgets can range from $10k- $300K and attendance can vary from 15-800 registrants. Duties consist of:
- Responsible for negotiating and organizing all food and beverage, audio visual, hotel rooms, transportation, and staffing needs
- Initiate, coordinate and/or participate in all efforts to publicize events.
- Communicate, maintain and develop client and supplier relationships
- Manage operational and administrative functions to insure events and meetings are delivered efficiently
- Coordinate travel and transportation for groups of 10-100 people
- Produce event agenda and sessions offered for conferences.
- Keep inventory of NSP meeting assets.
- Produce event agendas and staff schedules
- Resolve any billing discrepancies that might occur
- Create and manage conference registration website using Cvent
- Provide additional support for monthly staff events
- Attend and manage booths at events to promote National Ski Patrol
- Train customer care representatives on how to answer questions on sponsors, events, and submitting pro deal orders
- Assist in membership surveys, research and marketing programs
- Strategize with marketing department to produce recruitment and safety packages to promote National Ski Patrol
- Develop strategies and tactics to increase participation in the annual member benefit event/sale
- Measure and report performance of the recruitment and safety campaigns, gain insight and assess against goals
- Manage pro sites and ensure they are working correctly. Report any issues.
- Assist membership with pro deal questions and orders
- Direct and organize all promotional photo shoots for various marketing and NSP brand needs.
- Write content for promotional videos
- Create shot list for all video and photo events
- Organize model application process, determine models
- Coordinate all travel, lodging, clothing and other needs for all involved in the shoot.
- Create and stay within the budget for each shoot
- Compile and review all expenses for each shoot
- Research and do cost analysis for promotional items used for marketing programs
- Deliver excellent sales and after-sales services to maximize contracts, customer satisfaction and retention, including insuring all sponsor contract considerations are completed during the term of each contract.
- Help write copy for marketing pieces, magazine spots, sweep and brochures
- Send lists of membership to sponsors
- Marketing, events, or business degree
- 3 + years of event planning experience
- Experience with managing vendor relationships
- Cvent or registration management system experience
- Knowledge and passion about outdoor products and companies; knowledge of the ski industry a plus
- Proficiency in negotiating and reviewing hotel and resort contracts
- Ability to travel 3 to 4 times a year
- Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Creative thinker, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and positive attitude
- Strong analytic skills
- Experience creating spreadsheets and working in Microsoft Office
- Team player and self-starter
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com